Tuesday, November 27, 2012

The A Gap: PUT UP OR SHUT UP

Hey y'all! Welcome to the A-Gap - (what will hopefully become) your essential stop for opinions on professional sports and whatnot! 

Thanks for stopping by (Holy smokes, I want to punch myself in the face for that lame intro.) ... It's Mike DeVine here typing live from my couch in Salt Lake City. I work a lot in a fast-pace environment and don't always get a chance to write for myself so I decided blogging would be the way to go because 140 CHARACTERS CANNOT HOLD ME! (But still go ahead and follow me on Twitter @_MikeDeVine).




Initially I envision this thing to be my own personal soundboard for opinions on professional sports, music, current events, politics, pretty much anything I see fit, but maybe one day I'll be up there with sports blogging giants like EDSBS or In the Bleachers ... SO DON'T WORRY ... I GOT THIS! 




How it began? Basically, my sister Ann just kicked me in the butt to start a blog so here we are ... I fancy myself a pretty good writer and pretty witty at times so why not start a blog. Every nerd in the world "living in their mother's basement" seems to have one, so why not me?




Inspiration of the name? The name of the blog was inspired by football terminology ... the A gap refers to the area between the right and left guards and the center on an offensive line. Success on any play on the gridiron requires success in the A gap. If your guards and centers get blown off the ball, the offense is screwed. If the guards and centers get driven back 5 yards off the line of scrimmage, the offense is going to have the upper hand. Forget the flash of a wide receiver or the flamboyance of a quarterback, the 'A Gap' truly is the first place where games are won or lost (or tied, sometimes I guess).




My hope would be that this blog becomes your first stop for opinions on sports and anything else big happening in the world, so without further ado ... IT'S TIME FOR ME TO PUT UP OR SHUT UP.


- Mike



No comments:

Post a Comment